VP of Engineering
Full time | Starting as soon as possible | Dublin
The VP of Engineering is a highly experienced software development executive that will lead a fast-growing product development group to execute on a comprehensive roadmap and deliver timely technology solutions to the market. The VP of Engineering will report to the CEO and will work closely with the CTO to define, communicate and implement the technology vision and strategy. The VP of Engineering will work hand in hand with the product management group to define and deliver the product roadmap, ensuring it meets with customer requirements and is delivered on-time and on-budget.
We are seeking a candidate who will build, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers in our expanding Dublin office. The candidate will contribute directly to the technical and architectural decisions being made and be responsible for building a team of high calibre staff who consistently, and efficiently, execute on projects. Through active promotion and demonstration of Artomatix values, you will build a culture of excellence and high performance.
Work closely with our Product team to set the technical direction for our products and input to the product roadmap discussion.
Ensure appropriate engineering group structure to deliver product and company goals.
Work with lead engineers to conduct high-level technical reviews of new features and product proposals.
You will participate in the Product Steering Committee which makes specific decisions on short term roadmap and priorities.
Be a role model for all employees (in Dublin and beyond) by living Artomatix values.
Be a champion for the Engineering organization and ensure that communication flows effectively between teams.
Contribute new ideas to produce state of the art software solutions in the area of computer graphics, machine learning and computer vision.
Own the development and delivery of the core product and internal tools.
Communicate execution plans and results to stakeholders at varying technical and non-technical levels.
Build a highly performing team to ensure we deliver products in the most efficient way possible.
- Define and maintain engineering career ladder.
- Manage one-to-one performance review system with entire team. Set individual goals aligning to company goals, review every 6 months and update accordingly.
- Define goals of engineering organisation and communicate to wider team. Track progress against the goals. Report on engineering status at senior meetings and to the board.
- Hire and build the team, identify candidates, ensure role specs are defined clearly.
- Ensure company and product strategy are understood by all team members.
- Mentor junior programmers and encourage growth and good habit formation.
- Enjoy working in a fast moving, start up environment with 15+ years of engineering experience.
- You show creative problem solving skills and are open to being challenged and challenging the existing process.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative tech team to perform at the highest level.
- Experience working with global offices and communicating with regionally dispersed teams is an advantage.
- Keep current with industry trends; research latest relevant technologies, papers, patents and presentations/talks.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the key technology components required by the software. Identify new technologies or platforms that may offer benefits to the development of Artomatix products.
- Review competitive offerings from other companies and contribute to a database of analyses for sales teams to help in positioning and marketing.
- Research and learn core technologies and science underpinning Artomatix technology.
- Keep abreast of the latest platforms and terms of service and ensure Artomatix compliance with these.